Monday, January 9, 2012

Make it My Own Monday

Happy Monday!

Today I'm linking up with Holly from Running in Stilettos for her fun Make it My Own Monday theme (and sending happy thoughts to her buddy Chelsea). For this theme you are encouraged to pick from your pins on pinterest to inspire an outfit with your own clothes. Unfortunately I wasn't conscious of it this past week, but it was definitely on my mind for New Years Eve! As you may remember from my Friday's Fancies post, I was all about sequins and glitter to ring in 2012. Here are the three pictures I chose among many sparkly pins since I got a sequin skirt over the holiday. I wasn't sure how to style it because I don't have a loose, silk blouse like the pretty ones pictured, but I went with the look anyway.






Source: google.com via Mary on Pinterest



And here's how I adapted the model look from the above pins for my chubby figure:


I love that sequin skirt from H&M that I picked up while home in Ohio shopping with some sorority sisters. The heels and tights are from Target and the top is from Forever21. You can't really tell, but the top is sheer, and I had a black tank under it. I went with a long and plain necklace from The Limited, a belt from J. Crew, a small clutch from my favorite local boutique, and lots of curls and make-up. I liked the ensemble, or at least how big the girls look in that shirt.

Earlier that day I took a "Before" picture. On Tuesday, January 2nd Andrew and I got back on Weight Watchers. In this short amount of time I've lose 6 pounds, feel great, and started P90X. I hope next year at this time I won't be taking "before" pictures again. I'm excited for the "After."

Please make sure to check out Holly's blog!

No comments: