Friday, August 3, 2012

If You Really Knew Me

I've seen this theme going around the blogs and thought I would partake...especially since I forgot to make a Friday's Fancies outfit! 


Most recently I saw Michelle's post on The Vintage Apple and bookmarked it for later use. Well today's the day!

Let's get personal, shall we?


If you really knew me...

*you'd know that my greatest talent in life is sweating. I can do nothing better. 

*you'd know that I can't tell a joke. I always screw them up or laugh too early.

*you'd know that I grew up in Lancaster, OH, a beautiful and small town southeast of Columbus. I thought it was boring when I lived there, but now that I'm gone I really appreciate how it was a lovely place to grow up!

*you'd know that I have to brush my teeth before I shower. It's weird, I know!

*you'd know that I was a band geek and a total ham/attention whore in my youth. I've been trying to grow out of it ever since. To this day I am amazed that I had friends.

*you'd know that the only celebrity I have been said to resemble was in 6th grade. Someone thought I looked like a Hanson brother.

*you'd know that I went to Otterbein College (now University, but I can't call it that), a crazy small school in Ohio. It was the kind of place where you knew everyone and were involved in every activity possible. It was awesome.

*you'd know that I interned in DC twice as an undergrad and fell in love with the district.

*you'd know that I wanted out of Ohio more than anything and moved to DC in July after graduation.

*you'd know that DC was the craziest time of my life. Since it is such a transient city, it was so easy to meet new people and try new things, since everyone is in the same boat. 

*you'd know that I went to Georgetown for grad school. I am forever thankful for that experience. The program was intimidating, inspiring, and frustrating - just what I needed to help me figure out what I wanted to do.

*you'd know that Andrew and I met at a Steelers bar (my FAVORITE team!!!) during my first year of grad school. I didn't know he was interested until a week later! I will never forget those butterflies I had before our first date, and everything about that night! We have been inseparable ever since (3 years in October!!!)!

*you'd know that I visited Chicago once...and then we moved here a year later. I didn't have a job. All I had was Andrew, a graduate degree, and faith from my family and friends that everything would work out.

*you'd know that my only trips out of the US were to Canada when I was 20. Someday I'll make it across the pond. Someday...

*you'd know that I love religion and politics, but I do not want to discuss them on my blog.

*you'd know that I feel blessed to have my family and friends in my life and that I wish I talked to or visited everyone more often. I miss my long-distance friends like you would not believe.

*you'd know that Andrew and I love sports! We watch them more than anything else (the news is a close second). We went to a Nats game every week while we were in DC and try to make as many Cubs games as financially possible. There's just something about baseball!

*you'd know that I love to work out, but it is the largest cause of frustration for me: it's so difficult for me to see results. P90X worked, but I've only maintained since the 90 days ended (even though I workout 5-7 times a week, sometimes twice a day! Nothing! A pound here or there, but that's it! It's hard to keep going when I get so frustrated.). I started a new workout regimen this morning and will update you as I go! 

*you'd know that even though I love to workout, my second best talent is eating. I do eat healthy and don't drink too much too often. But, call me crazy, in my perfect world I would eat Chipotle or Pizza Hut every day of the week...and twice on Sunday...especially if I'm hungover.

And, finally, you'd know how much I enjoy blogging. It's a small blog, without sponsors or ads or Photoshop/Illustrator touches. I wish I had the time and patience to make this something special, but to me it is. It's fun to catalog my life, even if it is of silly pictures on Thursdays, or making fun of myself. Thank you for reading!!!

5 comments:

callie ;) said...

i love this entire post, and i love you. and i knew every one of these facts. #bestfriendsforlife

xoxo :)

Mary said...

You knew the Hanson thing? I thought I buried that one deep inside and ate my feelings. I guess I must have let it slip!

Stephanie said...

Hmmm Hanson... I could see that... ;) kidding! You know, if you ever have the time, if you go outside wrigley during the 2nd inning or later, you can get tickets (may or may not be from scalpers, allegedly. or really drunk fans.) for like $5 or $10, they just want to get anything they can for them at that point. You still see a lot of baseball!

Aimee L said...

Loved this post! I especially loved the parts about DC, of course :)

Have a great weekend!!

Courtney said...

Loved this post, hm, I may steal this idea:) P90X was grueling, wasn't it?!! Happy Monday!