Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekend Update and Ornament Swap

 {Linking up with Leann, Dana, and Sami - I know all of them now!!!!}

This weekend started on Thursday night for me! I had to take the day off on Friday to use up my remaining vacay day. No problem here. 

Thursday night I played volleyball in my friend's league. It was so fun! I haven't played in years so I was rusty, but whatever, I had a blast!

Friday I slept in and caught up on Revolution. Did any of you watch that show? I sort of got into it, but I'm not sure I'll watch the second season.

The rest of the afternoon I had a dentist appointment, a training session at the gym, and a MUCH-NEEDED haircut! I got a Groupon for a cut, full highlights and style for only $60! I had to travel across town for my new 'do, but a girl's gotta do what a girl-with-split-ends-and-root's gotta do!
 
Andrew knows by now that when I get a haircut I need a drink. I always feel like my hair deserves it because it just looks so nice after a fresh cut and color. Sure it's ridiculous, but I'll use any reason to celebrate actually styling my hair! So when I said I had a haircut this was his reaction: "so I'll meet you at the bar when you're finished?" Swoon.
 
Saturday was lazy with spurts of busy. We must have called and/or emailed a dozen potential venues for our wedding reception. Two words for you: sticker shock. Oy.
 
We happily checked our mail on Saturday and the CD of our proposal pictures arrived! Please visit my Facebook page for the whole album, but here are four of my favorites!
 
 



 
Needless to say, we were happy to add these to Facebook and relive the exciting evening!
 
Then, I ventured out to dinner...
 
 
...when should my wondering eyes did appear?

The CTA Holiday Train, and some tiny fake reindeer!



I love the holiday train!

Oh, were you wondering where I went to dinner? 
(No? lol)

Well, I happened to meet up with the ladies from this link-up! Yep! I met Leann and Sami! I also got to see Dana and Chris from Chubbette Tales! I haven't seen them since the Blogger Blitz this summer, so it was AMAZING to reconnect, meet the lovely Leann and Sami, and have delicious treats at Mercadito

Our little blogger meet-up, or blate, seriously made me love blogging even more: I mean, I would have never met these incredible women without this blog of mine. Yay for new friends!!

Oh and ladies, why didn't we take a picture together?!?! I'm very sad we failed to do this! Reason to hang out again, I guess ;)

Sunday was a nice day recovering from margaritas, going to Mass, watching football, and checking out our first venue! We really liked it and will absolutely keep it on our list! 

But yeah. Sticker shock. Yowsah.

Oh! One more thing I promise!!


I was part of the Living in Yellow and Dreaming of Dimples Ornament Swap this year! 

I sent some goodies to Meagan at Local at Last and Lola at Waiting for Baby sent two gorgeous and adorable ornaments to me! I can't believe she knew that I love sparkles and penguins! Amazing!



How fun to meet two new bloggers!

How were all of your weekends? 
I didn't get to decorating, so that must happen next weekend. 
What did you do?

9 comments:

Sami said...

Yay! Loved it! I am so glad that we got to meet-up. It was one of the highlights of my trip for sure! :)

DSR said...

How did we not take a picture?! Let's definitely get together again soon.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I'm glad you had a great meet up!

I always try to schedule my hair appointments for days I know I have a party or something going on...I totally feel like it should be out on display!

The sticker shock of wedding planning is terrible!

Anonymous said...

I tried to get into revolution, but couldn't stay hooked. I do recommend Homeland. I am wicked jealous of your hair groupon— nice score!

Unknown said...

Cute ornaments. Thanks for joining our swap. Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Cute ornaments. Thanks for joining our swap. Happy Holidays!

Susan said...

Such cute photos! and I'm jealous of your ride on the CTA Holiday train! I never catch it!

Rachel said...

You've really got such a sweet guy! And that's an awesome deal on the hair stuff!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I was so mad the next day when I realized we didn't take a picture! We had so many opportunities too. Sad! we'll just have to come visit Chicago again to get one ;)

Adorable pics. Glad we got to hear the engagement story.

Thanks for linking up with us!